Keeping track of physical records can be burdensome and confusing. IST DocStor Records was designed by our in-house Certified Records Managers in concert with our Development team to combine records management best practices with key time-saving automations. With DocStor Records, our customers can take the tedium out of their records room by making the following features work for them:
- File inventory of physical records (folders, Redwelds, boxes) are created, where they’re located and responsible owner.
- Tracking chain of custody providing a complete audit trail of the physical record.
- Bar coding all physical records regardless of media type — if it’s physical it should be labeled with a bar code.
- Legal Holds and Ethical Walls or other “special” classification that requires documentation and tracking.
- Automated retention and disposition eligibility providing a systematic coding and reminder when records have met their approved retention period.
- Security and privacy for protection of certain record types (PII, PHI, etc.) as well as role-based protocols.