Preparing for a Successful Week Ahead
The “Sunday Scaries” is a real thing, and most people are wasting some of their precious weekends worrying about the week ahead. I’m always for a work-free weekend. After all, those two days are supposed to be our break from the week before and for the week ahead. Taking 15 minutes on a Sunday to prepare for your workweek can actually help ease your anxiety for the week ahead.
Sometime between weekend errands, spending time with friends and family, resting and relaxing, grab your computer and give 15 minutes of your time doing a “clean up.” Cleaning up is not actively working; it’s simply getting everything in line for your Monday. Most Mondays feel busy and overwhelming because you are already starting your week behind schedule.
If you just can’t bring yourself to “work” on a Sunday, maybe there are some things you can do personally to catapult your week. This may not work for everyone, but tweaking your habits to set yourself up for success only makes your life easier.
Here are a few ideas to add to your Sunday routine to potentially help your Monday and the week ahead:
- Brain dump. Write down your top 3 priorities for the week. Journaling can help, too.
- Review your calendar for the week. See if there is anything you can move around.
- Schedule tasks and projects throughout the week. Pace yourself and give yourself ample time.
- Spend 10 minutes checking and cleaning your work email inbox.
- Clean up the document folders on your computer and desktop.
- Meal prep and budget for the week.
- Plan your outfits for the week.
- Plan for your workouts or moments to mindfully move your body.
- Plan for something fun. Joy is necessary in life.
- Go to bed at a reasonable hour.